There has been huge enthusiasm this year for xc racing, thanks to the new Handicapped Task method pioneered by Booker. This has generated a momentum that has lead to us bidding for, and getting, a Regional championship for next summer. In order to learn from this year's activities - what we got right and an honest appraisal of what we got wrong - and apply lessons learned to next year's flying, there will be a debrief session on Saturday 29 November at 10am in the clubhouse.
Topics to be covered will include:
- What gets you motivated to fly / what demotivates you from flying
- General communications
- Feedback on the task setting
- Feedback on briefing/debrief
- Preferred types of task (GP style or held start line: the new distance task, old style tasks, AATs)
- Facilities improvements we would like
Come along and join the discussion.